Loris Molent AM graduated in 1983 with a Bachelor of Engineering (Aeronautical) from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. He commenced employment at the then Aeronautical Research Laboratories in 1984, and has worked in the fields of aircraft structural integrity, structural mechanics, structural & fatigue testing, advanced bonded repair, aircraft vulnerability & aircraft accident investigation. He has over 250 publications in these technical areas and is a qualified aircraft accident investigator. He has been attached to both the then Civil Aviation Department (1985) and the US Navy (NAVAIR, 1990-1991) in Washington D.C. as an airworthiness engineer. In 1997 Mr Molent’s research work was assessed as the equivalent to a PhD and was promoted to Senior Research Scientist.
In 1998 he went on to complete a certificate in Scientific Leadership. Until recently Mr Molent was the Defence Science and Technology Group’s Head of Emerging Aircraft Structural Integrity. Loris is also an accomplished and engaging public speaker & lecturer in his technical areas of expertise. He is married to Catherine and has two children (Natasha and Alexander) and lives happily in Melbourne Australia.
Mr Molent has advised military and aerospace professionals world over and was responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in avoided structural refurbishment and increased safe, economic flight hours for Australian Defence Force fleets.
Loris is now available to assist your organisation.
- Who’s Who in the World (Issues) 1997 to 2008 Ed.
- Who’s Who in Science and Engineering 1998/1999 to 2006/2007 Ed.
Dictionary of International Biography, 26th Ed.
- Loris Molent named a Lifetime Achiever by Marquis Who’s Who in 2017
- Minister’s Award for Achievement in Defence Science 2010
- DSTO Achievement Award 2011
- Visiting Professor, San Paulo University (EEL/USP)
- Keynote Speaker USAF ASIP Conference 2013, ICF21 etc
- Queen’s Birthday Honours 2016 was awarded Member of the Order of Australia for his significant service to aeronautical engineering, particularly in the field of Aircraft Structural Integrity and the Airworthiness of Australian Defence Force (ADF) aircraft.
He has been project manager of:
- F111 Wing Pivot Fitting Boron Reinforcement Development
- F111 Structural Integrity
- Missile Warhead Effectiveness Trials
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Team
- F/A-18 Fatigue Life Assessment and Structural Integrity
- Structural Integrity Combat & Trainer Aircraft
- International Follow On Structural Test Project (IFOSTP) Program Manager
- Total Life Prognostic Fatigue Models Team